sosius's workspace
::sosius » Sosius Support Center » Forums » General Help » email publishing via bcc

email publishing via bcc

You're an Observer of this item
PreviousNext
by Elliot Prince on 4/13/2010 7:59:59 AM

Hi

I've tried several times to add the email publishing address as a bcc but the email never arrives. When I resend it directly ("To") it works fine.

Is it supposed to work as a bcc?

Thanks

Elliot

by Sosius Customer Service on 4/14/2010 4:01:12 PM

Hi Elliot,

Unfortunately its not possible to use bcc in email publishing (as the bcc addresses are not included in the received email headers - it's not possible to see who the email was bcc'ed to). Email publishing only works with the To or CC fields.

Kind regards,
Michael
Sosius Customer Service

by Elliot Prince on 4/16/2010 8:00:36 AM

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I'm sure you are aware of the following but I thought to share it anyway. The downside of having to use 'cc' and not 'bcc' is that when I added 'cc' to an email and one of the recipients replied to me with a 'reply to all' he got an error message back from Sosius that his email is not authorized to post to my workspace. 'bcc' would avoid that. Is there another way of dealing with this?

Thanks

Elliot

by Sosius Customer Service on 4/19/2010 5:24:20 AM

Hi Elliot,

No, bcc addresses cannot be read in the received email and it's headers.

Ie. Our servers cannot see who has been bcc'ed for a given email, only the email client sending the email and the smtp server delivering the email for the client can read the bcc fields.

Kind regards,
Michael

by Jan Metzger on 6/3/2010 5:42:30 AM

Hi Michael,

I have clients that have replied all to an email where I cced sosius.

Will they also have gotten the "unable to publish" warning?

Is there anyway to turn off that warning?

Thank you very much.

Kind Regards,

Jan

Jan Metzger
by Sosius Customer Service on 6/3/2010 6:45:45 AM

Hi Jan,

Yes they will have received a warning email. The warning email is primarily in place so that you know that there has been a problem when attempting to use email publishing. There is currently no way to turn it off, so we'd probably suggest not including the email publishing address in the initial email, rather re-send from your sent items (one more step, however it will prevent such a case from occurring).

Kind regards,
Michael